OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Seeking to be the kind of sincere worshipers the Father is seeking (Jn. 4:23-24); the kind of true disciples the Lord is transforming (Jn. 8:31-32; Ro. 12:1-2); and the kind of obedient Christians the Spirit is leading (II Tim. 3:14-4:4; II Ptr. 1:16-21). Simply seeking to be the Lord’s first-century, pre-denominational church in the denominationally-diluted twenty-first century. Loving the Lord (Jn. 14:15), while seeking to save the lost (Lk. 19:10); assure the saved (1 Jn. 5:13); and lovingly serve all souls (Titus 2:11-14; Gal. 6:9-10). To God be all the glory – always and in all ways!
Bible Class 9:30 AM
AM Worship 10:20 AM
PMWorship 5:00 PM
Helping Hands for Christ 1:00 PM
WHAT TO EXPECT
Because we believe that every word, phrase, and sentence of the scriptures is absolutely nothing less than the divinely inspired, divinely-dictated, eternal and inerrant, forever firmly fixed in the heavens, all-sufficient and all-authoritative truth of almighty God Himself as noted above, when you visit us you will experience worship exactly as God designed and defined it in His divinely-inspired New Testament.
• You will experience congregational worship as God’s children sing their Father’s praise from grateful hearts and without instrumental accompaniment just as Jesus did, and exactly as the first century churches of Christ were commanded to do (Matt. 26:30; Eph. 5:15-21; Col. 3:16-17).
• The congregation will be led in public prayer by one of the men (1 Thess. 5:16-18; 1 Tim. 2:8-15).
• You will see that we partake of communion each Sunday in remembrance of Jesus, just as He commanded and His faithful first century congregations came together to observe each Lord’s day (Lk. 22:14-20; Acts 20:7).
• There will be a financial offering given by congregation members “as they have prospered.” Please note: This is a “Members Only” privilege in accordance with the scriptures, and is never expected or anticipated of our visitors (1 Cor. 16:1-2; 2 Cor. 8 + 9).
• We will hear a sermon straight from God’s holy word (2 Tim. 3:14-4:4).
Won’t you please plan now to join us and experience true, “spirit and truth,” God-honoring worship, in the very same way, and according to the very same pattern (2 Tim. 1:13) which our beloved brethren have for the past two millennia?
A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE CLEVELAND CHURCH OF CHRIST
The church of Christ was purposed and designed in the perfect mind and pre-determined plan of God, well prior to the beginning of time itself (Eph. 1:3-4, 3:8-12). It was subsequently promised by God’s prophets (Isa. 2:2-3; Daniel 2:36-45); prophesied and purchased by God’s son Jesus (Matt. 16:18-19; Acts 20:28); preached and proclaimed as it came into existence through God’s first-century apostles (Acts 2:22-47; 1 Cor. 12:12-27; Eph. 1:22-23, 4:4-6); and has existed everywhere since then, where the pure and unadulterated seed of the word of God has been implanted into the humble and sincere soil of truly seeking and therefore obedient human hearts (Matt. 28:18-20; Lk. 8:11-14; 1 Cor. 3:6-9; Jms. 1:18-22).
That time arrived in Cleveland during the summer of 1933, when brother and sister George and Edna Stach, brethren from the Terlton congregation, came to the conclusion that there needed to be a congregation of the Lord’s church working, worshiping, and reaching out to the lost in Cleveland. After acquiring a preacher and a building to meet in, Christians in the area who attended that first meeting of the Lord’s church included: Marie Foley with her sons Charles and Maurice Clifton; Rose Hager and her children; Rita Huffman; Neal and Eva Vaughan and their children; and George and Edna Stach along with their five children.
In fact, we still have the precious privilege today, of seeing a faithful remnant from some of those early families’ later generations still in Sunday attendance. And while many saints, sinners, and Sunday assemblies have come and gone over the past eight-plus decades, throughout it all one thing has remained exactly the same; exactly the same as they have since their completion, chronicling the establishment and existence of first century church of Christ: the sacred and God-given Scriptures and what they say, and subsequently, the congregation of the Lord’s one, New Testament church, which still stands, studies, and works and worships steadfastly on them, here in Cleveland. Won’t you join us as we continue on to our home in heaven?
DOUG DINGLEY, MINISTER
1. Our “Helping Hands For Christ” ladies knitting and crocheting craft group meets each Thursday at 1:00 in the Fellowship Hall. Over the past six years they have produced and provided literally thousands of free hats, pairs of mittens, blankets, afghans, sweaters and stuffed toys to both local and Tulsa area people in need, including outlets such as shelters, hospitals, cancer treatment facilities, and children’s homes as well.
2. Our “Monday Night For The Master” service opportunities group meets each second and fourth Monday evenings of the month from September through May, while meeting only once a month, on the second Monday evening of each month, during the summer. During this time we seek to visit the sick and shut-ins, evangelize our neighbors, create colorful, seasonal cards and wall-hangings to help brighten the lives and rooms of the residents of our local nursing home, as well as to go sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs to those same nursing home residents.
3. Our young people also enjoy the opportunity to attend a week at Green Valley Bible Camp in Rogers, Arkansas, each July – an event that often serves as the one of the most eagerly-anticipated highlights of the entire summer!
4. We also provide in-home, personal bible studies upon request, in order to help supply biblical, “book, chapter, and verse” answers to any and everyone’s Scriptural questions. Please contact us about starting one today!
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe that every word, phrase, and sentence of the scriptures is absolutely nothing less than the divinely inspired, divinely-dictated, eternal and inerrant, forever firmly fixed in the heavens, all-sufficient and all-authoritative truth of almighty God Himself, which He commands all people to come to know and to faithfully and obediently follow; and which we believe is the one and only standard by which we shall all be judged on the last day (2 Tim. 3:14-4:4; 2 Ptr. 1:16-21; Pss. 19, 119; Matt. 7:21-27; Jn. 8:31-32, 12:48, 17:17; Acts 17:30-31; 2 Ptr. 1:2-11, 3:1-18).
We believe that “faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Ro. 10:17), and that “whatever is not from faith, is sin” (Ro. 14:23). Therefore, we dare not add to, take from, tamper with, or go beyond whatever God said in the scriptures in clear, black and white, “book, chapter, and verse” truth (Matt. 4:4, 15:3-9; Mk. 7:5-13; Ro. 2:21-24; 1 Cor. 4:6; 2 Cor. 4:2-6; Rev. 22:18-19).
We therefore believe God when He said that in order to be saved, any sinner must:
• Hear the word of God (Ro. 10:11-17)
• Believe the word of God (Mk. 16:15-16; Acts 8:35-38)
• Confess Jesus as the Son of God (Matt. 10:32-33; Ro. 10:9-10)
• Repent of their sins (Lk. 13:3-5; 2 Cor. 7:8-10)
• By their faith, be baptized specifically for the forgiveness of their sins (Acts 2:37-47, 22:16; Gal. 3:26-27; 1 Ptr. 3:21).
• Be faithful until death (2 Tim. 4:7-8; Rev. 2:10)